Warehouse Consultants: What makes Bisham Consulting special?
Bisham Consulting’s team includes highly experienced warehouse design and operations consultants. Our team have previously all held senior operational roles in the industry. As a result, they are able to provide operationally robust and very cost-effective solutions.
The range of warehousing solutions that Bisham Consulting provide is wide. At one end of the scale, we analyse live warehouse operations and provide solutions for improving efficiency. At the other end, we supply complete warehouse re-designs, with the implementation of automated storage and retrieval systems.
So our consulting team is totally focussed on increasing performance and profitability. Bisham consultants are able to provide independent advice on all aspects of warehouse design, to ensure the client gets the solution which best fits their business needs.
Warehouse Design Consultants. Our range of services in warehouse design and optimisation include:
- Helping our clients select the most appropriate warehouse management systems.
- Helping our clients with the selection of MHE (Mechanical Handling Equipment).
- Improving racking layouts and pallet racking facilities. This means improved operational efficiency and cost savings.
- Maximising warehouse layout, warehouse space and the efficiency of the distribution centre are fundamental to the profitability of your organisation. So space will be maximised. Time, and as a consequence, labour costs, will be saved.
So our team are experts in warehouse design, automation and mechanisation. Good warehouse design links directly with our other areas of expertise in supply chain management, inventory management and network design. All of this will produce significant benefits in cost and performance to your business.
Warehouse Design and Operations: Service Elements
Warehouse design consultants: Warehouse Design and Layouts.
- Our team develop complete new warehouse sites. We maximise the use of all ground space and all available height. In addition, we ensure the best possible material flows, through the facilities to ensure optimal performance. Why? Because so much of the profit lies in the last few per cent of efficiency.
- Bisham help with design and modifications to conventional and automated warehouses.
- We specialise in optimising the cost of space, equipment and labour. As a result, you achieve greater productivity and time-saving.
- Building in flexibility and growth potential is important so that your business can easily expand in the future.
- We remodel existing operations in order to cope with changes in throughput and stock profiles.
- Improving overall layout efficiency will keep costs down.
Automated and Manual Handling Systems.
- At Bisham, our total focus is on improving your operating efficiency.
- To achieve this we analyse all costs, all benefits and, most importantly, the risks as well.
- Our commercial solutions will make the best use of your existing resources and capital.
- We identify cost savings in existing operations – so that means “Quick Wins”
- Our team will help our clients improve customer service. So as a result, you will get improved customer service scores. Ultimately this translates into more retained business.
- We also focus on creating a network strategy that delivers measurable improvements to your performance.
- Finally, we advise in the sourcing of suppliers, managing tenders and help with the final implementation.
The Project Management Benefits of working with Bisham.
- So Bisham’s project management methodology ensures deliverables are defined and met. Our clients are always completely satisfied with the final results.
- Tight budgetary control will mean projects run to budget.
- Implementation including recruitment, training and support will help you achieve better results and improve operational performance.
Creating the perfect warehouse: Examples of some of our recent projects.
Warehouse design is a fast-moving environment. Storing goods, distributing goods and materials handling has changed beyond recognition in the past ten years. It’s been estimated that in 2020, 80% of warehouses in the UK are not fit for purpose. As the leading supply chain consulting group in the UK, we can help you move your warehouse to the next level. So you will achieve greater efficiency and low running costs.
We have worked on warehouse improvement projects varying in size from complex global networks to a single warehouse.
Warehouse Operations Experts: Success Stories.
A New Warehouse Design: 35,000 square metres.
This particular case involved the design of a new 35,000 m2 for a major retail food chain. So our brief included:
- Designing separate compartments to accommodate food products at various temperatures.
- Provision for ambient, temperature-controlled fresh foods and also vegetables.
- Specification of all freezing and cooling equipment.
- Complete design of loading docks for cross-docking.
- Finally, design for incoming traffic and despatch to allow for external traffic flows and parking.
Warehouse Design: 30,000 Pallet Capacity Warehouse
This particular client required the identification of the optimum location of the site. In addition, it was vital to get the optimum shape and height.
Project Management of a 32 Metre High Automated Warehouse.
This involved the project management of a 32m high fully automated storage and retrieval facility. We specified a double-decked crane system capable of achieving a throughput of 20,00 units per hour. This was the first system like this ever built in Europe. It’s also worth noting that this massive project was completed both on time and on budget.
Operating Efficiency Review of an Automated European Distribution Centre.
This case was an efficiency review of an existing fully automated storage and retrieval facility. The centre provided high bay pallet storage coupled with a tray system for small items. Conveyors were used for both packing areas and end sortation. So the project included re-engineering of all systems and setting up a mathematical model for manpower planning and improved productivity.
Redesign of Raw Materials Stores.
This involved the storage of several different pallet sizes. In addition, there were varying stack height capabilities to serve a high-speed processing and packing operation.
Bisham Consulting supply chain and logistics: Logistics consultancy at its very best.