Transport Consultancy: Overview
Bisham Consultants provide Transport Consultancy for national, regional or global setups and incorporate all forms of transport. Bisham has a flexible approach. We can consultant help from ‘light- touch’ to ‘heavy-lift’, dependent on your requirements. How do you know what is right for your organisation? Well, in general, our clients call us in if they can say a clear "NO" to at least one of the following questions:
- Do you have a published transport management strategy?
- Is it consistent with the overall business objectives?
- Are you satisfied that your present freight spend is fully optimised?
- Do you feel fully in control of your present freight spend?
- Are your logistics service levels meeting your customer’s requirements?
We think the results we achieve for our clients speak for themselves.
Bisham's clients enjoy transportation savings of typically between 10% and 30% on delivery cost savings alone. The impact on the bottom line of those savings is huge.
Making a difference.
- Our Transport Consultancy services start with a health check of existing arrangements.
- Are appropriate modes in use and are management processes robust?
- Are service requirements defined & are they being met?
- Is the transport network cost & service optimised?
- What is the data collection like? e.g. measurements, KPI’s, financial reporting & budgeting.
- Transport management strategy
- Adapting to changes e.g. new markets, new products, new sourcing
- Retaining procurement flexibility but leveraging global spend
- In-house capability versus out-source, 3PL or 4PL solutions
- INCO terms for inbound & outbound shipments
- Role of IT in automating processes and improving administrative efficiency
- Transport Network Optimisation
- National, regional or global network design
- Impact of improved planning, mode changes, routing changes or infrastructure rationalisation
- Improved vehicle utilisation and load-fill
- Scenario modelling and total cost comparisons
- Cross-border flow efficiencies
- Transport Procurement
- Tender management – domestic road transport to global freight forwarding
- Fleet management – procurement, leasing & maintenance services
- Selection of appropriate potential suppliers through an RFI
Design, structure and detailed specification for a formal RFQ tender
- Analysis of bid responses
- Contract & service level agreement support
- Project management & Implementation
- Project management support for operational changes
- Accompanying IT requirements e.g. TMS
- Change management planning
- Measurement of savings
- Ongoing advice on transport arrangements
- Interim transport management or recruitment support
Transport Consultation: The Client Benefits
Bisham clients have enjoyed some or all of the following long term benefits:
- Cost saving delivery (10% - 30%) through:
- Optimizing transport networks & improving fleet utilization
- Improving planning processes
- Ensuring effective procurement of transport providers & improving audit processes for carrier charges
- Creating an internal function that can deliver continuous improvement in transportation
- Improving supply chain visibility through:
- Shipment status updates
- Proactive exceptions reporting
- Introduction of improved supply chain IT
- Improving supply chain responsiveness and flexibility through:
- Process re-design
- Organizational changes
- Implementation of IT improvements
- Improving reliability and customer service levels through:
- Introduction of a proper performance management regime
- Service level agreements, (SLA) with carriers
- Key performance indicator (KPI) implementation
- Improved financial management of freight spend through:
- Visibility of costs at shipment or transaction level
- Cost to serve information
- Improved budgeting processes
- Accurate monthly reporting of freight spend & explanation of variances to budget
- Improved freight bill audit & checking processes