Supply Chain IT Applications for improved company performance.
Improvements in Supply Chain IT Applications mean far greater profit for those companies that embrace technology early. Recent technology advances are enabling companies to achieve a major competitive advantage.
At Bisham Consulting we have vast experience in this area meaning better efficiency and lower cost for our clients.
Our expertise covers a wide range of IT systems and an even wider range of applications. So we use the very latest technology to achieve improvements in efficiency in every area.
Our expertise includes warehouse management and control, transport management, in-cab, inventory planning, order management, network planning and business intelligence systems.
Click here to see all of our services.
A few questions at the start of the process will usually help. It gives us a very good idea of the scope of the project:
- So are you really satisfied with your existing Supply Chain IT applications?
- Does your supply chain IT support your current supply chain strategy?
- Are you actually getting the best out of your existing IT systems?
- Do you know how the efficiency of your operations compares with your competitors?
- Is your supply chain management processes achieving the desired result?
- Are the deliverables meeting management expectations?
- Have those expectations been clearly defined?
- Are you aware of the latest IT developments and the cost savings they deliver?
Supply Chain Service Elements – the things that matter.
We start with a Health Check of the existing IT environment.
- So what IT do you currently have in place in the supply chain?
- How do these IT applications rate in comparison to alternatives available in the market?
- Are these systems sufficiently integrated?
- Are there key functionality gaps?
- Supply chain IT strategy and Supply Chain Management
- Automation of key processes in the supply network.
- Improved planning, order fulfilment and resource management.
- Creating a data-rich environment to support business planning and operation improvements.
- Creating supply chain visibility to meet customer needs and business expectations.
- Business requirements formulation
- Workshop based approach to creating future state operation concepts.
- Defining the business’s supply chain needs in business terms.
- Creating future state optimised operation process maps and workflows.
- Application Selection & Procurement
- Producing a supplier specification based on defined requirements.
- Managing an RFI and/or RFQ process.
- Selecting suitable IT supplier bidders.
- Selection criteria for sourcing.
- Recommendations & support for final sourcing decisions.
- Project management & Implementation
- Project management support for IT delivery.
- Due diligence of UAT & volume testing plans.
- Management of change requests.
So what are the client benefits of using Bisham Consulting?
Simply having the latest software is not enough on its own. We need to look at the production processes upon which the IT will sit. So we focus first on the creation of a strong foundation that will achieve the core objectives of the organisation.
We always look to create a clearly defined concept based on a firm understanding of existing business processes.
We also pay particular attention to defining the future needs of the company. Your current business model and your aspirations for future growth and profitability will drive our agenda. Improving the customer experience is invariably part of our brief.
Then there’s the IT.
We believe that IT is not an end in itself.
It is adopted in order to support supply chain improvements that have been clearly identified. We think that is important. It also means that we can more easily measure the improvement in both performance and costs savings.
We bring over 30 years of experience in this sector and a neutral and independent approach. It is that independence that enables us to supply the best IT solution to achieve the desired result.
As you might imagine, risk is always high on our agenda.
We always look to ensure a client’s operational concept for future-state is not compromised during the implementation. It’s what we call a Safe ‘Right First Time’ implementation.
All of our consultation work will result in a practical and realistic implementation plan. Above all else, it must be achievable in the time scales allowed and it must be on-budget.
Of course, a quick look at the latest “Top Ten IT Applications” soon reveals it changes as often as the seasons. A constant supply of “faster, better and cheaper” software means that the opportunity to gain a competitive edge is always available.
Companies that adapt and adopt will certainly be next years’ high performers.
Our expertise in IT software is what has made us the leading consultants in supply chain IT applications. Knowing the best solution to achieve your objectives saves time and money. So if you have a project you would like to discuss please give us a call.
Other services that may interest you:
- Supply Chain Strategy
- Logistics Network Design
- Transport Consultancy
- Warehouse Design,
- 3PL and 4PL Outsourcing
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Procurement
- Supply Chain Risk Assessment
- Inventory Management
- Supply Chain IT Applications
Contingency planning in the event of unforeseen problems.
At Bisham Consulting our entire focus is on Reward versus Risk.
We are always seeking to enhance performance, reduce costs and improve profits. So yes, supply chain planning must be cost-effective. However, risk mitigation is key to everything we do.
We have over 30 years of experience to bring to the table. We would be delighted to show you some of the many international projects we have worked on. We are as comfortable working with small emerging companies as we are with large blue-chip clients.
We can also provide professional project management or expert support to the client’s own project manager.
Bisham Consulting are Logistics and Supply Chain Consultants. We have a strong sense of corporate ethics and responsibility.
As a result, we are actively and passionately involved in the development of the Logistics and Supply Chain industry. We are Directors and Fellows of the professional institutes, in particular, the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport.
If you would like to learn more please give us a call on 01628 487000. We would love to hear from you.