Project Management and Implementation: Overview
Bisham Consulting has 30 years’ of experience in Project Management and Implementation.
Our background in 3PL and 4PL operations and experience of implementing supply chain transformations mean we can deliver real tangible benefits. We believe we can make a significant impact whatever the scope.
Implementing major changes in a complex supply chain inherently naturally bears risks. Getting ‘it right first time’ and avoiding business disruption is what makes us special.
- Are you planning or about to make a major change in your supply chain?
- Are you satisfied that your plan is robust and all risks has been identified and mitigated and business continuity is protected?
- Would your existing transformation strategy and plans benefit from external independent scrutiny?
Project Management and Implementation: The Service Elements
Outlined below are the five stages to the process and what each one includes. There is no “one-size fits all” but this shows some of the key areas we cover.
- Initiation Phase. Health check of existing arrangements and transformation plan assessment.
- Are end-state logistics solutions sufficiently well-defined? Equally important, are they understood by the team members?
- Is the transformation planned in sufficient detail?
- Are appropriately experienced resources in place to manage the necessary changes?
- Has a detailed risk assessment of logistics changes been made?
- Transformation Planning.
- Structuring of overall transformation project and workstreams.
- Sequencing of operational changes.
- Defining key dependencies between workstreams and operational tasks.
- Control Processes for Change Management.
- Assessment of the change management environment and impacts on existing plans.
- Stakeholder mapping, communication plans, roles and responsibilities.
- Creation of an accompanying change management strategy to ensure success.
- Risk Assessment.
- Identification of transformation risks.
- Creation of strategies, plans and actions to eliminate or ameliorate risk factors.
- Project management & Implementation
- Project management support for operational changes.
- Project charter, project tracking, reporting tools & managing issue logs.
- Interim operational management, (if required), through transformation through to steady-state.
- Chairing formal project reviews and running ‘Lesson learnt workshops’ .
Project Management and Implementation: The Client Benefits
Bisham’s consultants have implemented a wide variety of supply chain transformations. This has included implementing new distribution centres and closing old ones, to major transport operations, to supply chain process re-engineering and related IT aspects. In these projects, our clients have enjoyed the following benefits:
- Open and honest external view of transformation risks
- The benefit of lessons learnt from the consultant’s previous projects.
- Neutral & independent risk assessment of existing plans.
- Robust implementation plan
- Professionally managed by a fully trained project manager.
- Project governance structure and issue escalation.
- Incorporation of a change management strategy.
- Safe ‘Right First Time’ implementation
- Minimizing project risks.
- Contingency planning to ensure unforeseen issues are dealt with quickly and effectively.
- Creating a safe route to the future state.
A wide range of services and expertise at your disposal.
As you can see, it’s quite an exhaustive list. Getting it “right first time” and avoiding the many risks along the way is key to the success of the project.
If you would like to meet our consultants or arrange an informal chat, please call us today on +44 (0) 1628 487000.