Project Management and Implementation: Overview
Bisham Consulting has extensive experience in Project Management and Implementation; over 30 years in fact.
Our background in 3PL operations and experience of implementing supply chain transformations mean we can deliver real tangible benefits. Implementing major changes in a complex supply chain inherently bears a risk.
Getting ‘it right first time’ and avoiding business disruption is what makes us special. Some starting questions from the lessons learned over the past 30 years include:
- Are you planning or about to make a major change in your supply chain?
- Are you satisfied that your plan is robust? Have all risks been identified and mitigated and business continuity protected?
- Would your existing transformation strategy and plans benefit from external independent scrutiny?
- Is everyone on board and are your team meetings moving you closer to your corporate objectives?
Control Processses and Service Elements
- Health check of existing arrangements. A transformation plan assessment to save time and money
- Are end-state logistics solutions sufficiently well-defined? Are they well understood by all team members?
- Is the transformation planned in sufficient detail?
- Are appropriately experienced resources in place to manage all the necessary changes?
- Has a detailed risk assessment of logistics changes been made?
- Transformation Planning. The Project Plan.
- Structuring of overall transformation project and workstreams.
- Sequencing of operational changes
- Defining key dependencies between workstreams and operational tasks.
- Change Management. Monitoring and Control.
- Assessment of the change management environment and impacts on existing plans
- Stakeholder mapping, communication plans, roles and responsibilities
- Creation of an accompanying change management strategy to ensure success
- Risk Assessment
- Identification of transformation risks
- Creation of strategies, plans and actions to eliminate or ameliorate risk factors
- Project management and Implementation Phase.
- Project management support for operational changes
- Project charter, project tracking, reporting tools & managing issue logs
- Interim operational management, (if required), through transformation through to steady-state
- Chairing formal project reviews and running ‘Lesson learnt workshops’
Project Management and Implementation: Client Benefits
Bisham’s consultants have implemented a wide variety of supply chain transformations. These include implementing new distribution centres and closing old ones, to major transport operations, to supply chain process re-engineering and related IT aspects. In these projects, our clients have enjoyed the following benefits.
- Open and honest external view of transformation risks
- The benefit of lessons learned from the consultant’s previous projects.
- Neutral & independent risk assessment of the existing plans.
- Robust implementation plan
- Professionally managed by a trained project manager.
- Project governance structure and issue escalation.
- Incorporation of a change management strategy.
- Safe ‘Right First Time’ implementation
- Minimizing project risks.
- Contingency planning to ensure unforeseen issues are dealt with quickly and effectively.
- Creating the safest route to bring the project to its completion.
- Bring the project to life and deliver on time and on budget
- Our 30 years of experience in project management and implementation is part of what we bring to the party.
- We will bring independent third party objectivity to your project whether it is already underway or not yet started.
- Honest and challenging advice from experts in the field that will help you deliver the project faster and with total confidence.