Project Management and Implementation: Overview
Bisham Consulting have extensive experience in Project Management and Implementation: over 25 years in fact. Our background in 3PL operations and experience of implementing supply chain transformations mean we can deliver real tangible benefits, whatever the scope. Implementing major changes in a complex supply chain inherently bears risk. Getting ‘it right first time’ and avoiding business disruption is what makes us special.
- Are you planning or about to make a major change in your supply chain?
- Are you satisfied that your plan is robust and all risks has been identified and mitigated and business continuity is protected?
- Would your existing transformation strategy and plans benefit form external independent scrutiny?
Project Management and Implementation: Service Elements
- Health check of existing arrangements; transformation plan assessment
- Are end state logistics solutions sufficiently well-defined and understood?
- Is the transformation planned in sufficient detail?
- Are appropriately experienced resources in place to manage the necessary changes?
- Has a detailed risk assessment of logistics changes been made?
- Transformation Planning
- Structuring of overall transformation project and workstreams.
- Sequencing of operational changes
- Defining key dependencies between workstreams and operational tasks.
- Change Management
- Assessment of the change management environment and impacts on existing plans
- Stakeholder mapping, communication plans, roles and responsibilities
- Creation of an accompanying change management strategy to ensure success
- Risk Assessment
- Identification of transformation risks
- Creation of strategies, plans and actions to eliminate or ameliorate risk factors
- Project management & Implementation
- Project management support for operational changes
- Project charter, project tracking, reporting tools & managing issue logs
- Interim operational management, (if required), through transformation through to steady state
- Chairing formal project reviews and running ‘Lesson learnt workshops’
Project Management and Implementation: Client Benefits
Bisham’s consultants have implemented a wide variety of supply chain transformations from implementing new distribution centres & closing old ones, to major transport operations, to supply chain process re-engineering and related IT aspects. In these projects our clients have enjoyed the benefits of;
- Open and honest external view of transformation risks
- Benefit of lessons learnt from consultant’s previous projects
- Neutral & independent risk assessment of existing plans
- Robust implementation plan
- Professionally managed by trained project manager
- Project governance structure and issue escalation
- Incorporation of a change management strategy
- Safe ‘Right First Time’ implementation
- Minimizing project risks
- Contingency planning to ensure unforeseen issues are dealt with quickly and effectively
- Creating a safe route to the future state