3PL and 4PL. What makes our consultants unique?
3PL and 4PL outsourcing refer to the outsourcing of logistics operations. 3PL refers to using Third Party Logistics and 4PL refers to using Fourth Party Logistics.
The main advantage of outsourcing some or all of these functions is to enable the company to focus on the things it does best - it's core competencies.
3PL will often focus on using providers of integrated services. Storage and transportation, for example, is a natural mix. In this arrangement, the third party will take ownership of some or maybe all of the logistics functions and carry them out on behalf of the company.
4PL takes it one step further. It will put all the logistics functions in the hands of a logistics specialist. that contractor will then subcontract some, or maybe, all of the work. So it offers the distributor internal warehouse Management Systems that will manage the key areas; for example inventory, orders and shipping.
The scope here is extensive. Other services might include financial and direct customer services, providing key data and also state of the art IT solutions.
Of course, this is only an overview and 4PL goes much deeper. Essentially the aim to optimise efficiency, reduce outgoings and improve performance.
How our consultants can help.
At Bisham, our 3PL and 4PL outsourcing have one clear objective. We believe the priority is to ensure a healthy return on your investment.
We specialise in strategy, evaluation and tender process management.
Our knowledge is based on hundreds of procurement and logistics contracts as former Commercial and Operations Directors. So as 3PL and 4PL Outsourcing Consultants, we can now secure superb deals and incredibly effective results for our clients. We believe that outsourcing to a company like us will result in a significant improvemnt in performance.
Bisham Consulting provides specialist expertise and resources.
Usually, this in areas where a client may not have the knowledge, the capital or the time to do it themselves. As mentioned earlier, it also means the company can focus on its core competencies. So our focus is to establish precisely what you need to move you from where you are now to where you want to be. To achieve this we dovetail our management team and all of our resources into your company as if it were your own department.
So we believe we can deliver major improvements that will quickly impact on your bottom line.
Are you interested in learning more? Would you like to meet the team? Click here.
What our experience means for you.
We offer a range of 3PL and 4PL services from:-
- Outsourcing management strategy development.
- Assisting with tender specifications, selection and evaluation.
- Contract negotiations and implementation management.
- Tender management process to improve speed.
- Data collection and validation so you get better accuracy. It's hard to manage the things you know about. It's even harder to manage the things you don't know about. Accurate data puts you in control. Using that data wisely impacts immediately on the company's performance.
- Evaluation of operating and capital costs and service performance. This is a critical element in the assessment process, most importantly because it means bigger profits.
- So this will ensure there is a genuine cultural fit between the contractor and the client.
- Getting a competitive advantage is everything. Small improvements on the margin can quickly lead to massive benefits. If you are just 1% better than the competition, it will translate into far more than a 1% increase in business.
So what are the client benefits?
SAVE TIME: Our practical experience operating on both sides of industry eases the path to a workable outsourcing management solution.
IMPROVED BUSINESS FOCUS: By outsourcing to us you are left to focus on your core competencies.
BETTER STRATEGY: Bisham can help you decide what you need (the Strategic Decision). We identify who might collaborate with you and provide the service (Knowledge of the Market Providers). Finally, the all-important RFI (Request for Information) process.
VISIBLE RESULTS: We then help you to structure the tender for the services. We manage through the Procurement (ITT process) and build and negotiate a workable contract.
INCREASED PROFITS: Setting up 3PL and 4PL outsourcing contracts that will genuinely work requires both focus and attention to detail. It's well worth it. That's because the results will impact almost immediately on company profits.
SHARED EXPERTISE: You get all the benefits of our expertise. Bisham has Directors and Consultants with 30 years of experience in successfully establishing and implementing outsourcing contracts. So you know you're in very safe hands. You know we can deliver the results you are looking for.