Consultants for the Industrial Manufacturing Sector.
The Industrial Equipment Sector is defined as the goods-producing element of the economy. As a result, it obviously covers a wide range of different types of businesses. The products of the sector can be used in manufacturing, construction, and primary industries such as agriculture or mining.
Historically, the supply chain in this sector has been less-developed than in other sectors. Logistics has so often not been represented as a core function within the business. However, in recent years this has begun to change. Many de-centralised regional or global manufacturers are starting to tackle the issues of supply chain optimisation, improved internal collaboration within the group and creating supply chain data. All of this could help to drive massive improvements.
Expertise in industrial manufacturing.
Bisham Consulting has worked with a wide variety of industrial equipment manufacturers and distributors. We have consulted both in spare parts and aftermarket supply chains but also in ‘inbound to manufacturing’ supply chains. Some examples of the type of projects we have undertaken in this sector are detailed below:
- ‘Rapid Diagnostic’ operational reviews. This is to identify process productivity as well as non-conformance issues within logistics physical operations. One area where fast improvements can be made is a review of the suitability of the existing IT systems. Recent changes in technology mean cost-efficient solutions can give an almost immediate ROI.
- Logistics centre or DC design & layouts. The opportunities here are vast. Sizing buildings, racking layouts and types, and looking at resource models are vital. We also look to make advances in material flow capacity, storage density, safe working environment, operational costs, operational flexibility, and stock rotation. Each one offers the opportunity to cut costs and drive productivity.
- Supply chain infrastructure reviews. So here we are looking at the existing infrastructure and locations. We review costs, performance, and the suitability of the location. Our consulting expertise means we can create optimised future models based on the lowest cost/service - level trade-offs. This will include the optimal location and design of a single European and single US-based Distribution Centre. In all these projects, we include an implementation strategy, which incorporates all of our operational experiences. So this helps to mitigate the risks of supply-chain improvement.
- Supply chain IT specification & procurement. Creating a functional specification for a global transport management system is key. We select TMS applications for consideration and then we manage the selection process.
- Global Transport Strategy Review and Re-Procurement. Here we are reviewing existing strategies, processes & performance. Our skill sets include creating a global air and ocean freight RFQ, designing/writing an RFQ, creating a global logistics dataset and selecting prospective bidders. From there we evaluate the RFQ responses and project manage the selection process.