Consultants for the Industrial Manufacturing Sector.
The Industrial Equipment Sector is defined as the goods-producing element of the economy. As a result, it obviously covers a wide range of different types of businesses. The products of the sector can be used in manufacturing, construction, and primary industries such as agriculture or mining. We are industrial manufacturing consultants specialising in this sector.
Historically, the supply chain in this sector has been less-developed than in other sectors.
Logistics has so often not been represented as a core function within the business. However, in recent years this has all begun to change.
Many de-centralised regional or global manufacturers are starting to tackle the issues of supply chain optimisation. So improved internal collaboration within the group and better supply chain data soon start to make a big difference.
All of this will help to drive massive improvements and profitability within the organisation.
The sector is changing fast - lean manufacturing has finally arrived.
Expertise in industrial manufacturing.
For over 30 years, Bisham Consulting has worked with a wide variety of industrial equipment manufacturers and distributors. We have consulted both in spare parts and aftermarket supply chains but also in ‘inbound to manufacturing’ supply chains.
Cost management is key these days. It's a competitive market place - one of the toughest. Gaining a competitive advantage is achievable by focussing on the "lowest hanging fruit" first. The manufacturing industry has customers like everyone else. So improving the customer experience will have an immediate impact on profitability.
Some examples of the type of projects we have undertaken in this sector are detailed below.
Industrial manufacturing consultancy: improving the manufacturing industry.
- ‘Rapid Diagnostic’ operational reviews. This is to identify process productivity as well as non-conformance issues within logistics physical operations. So one area where fast improvements can be made is a review of the suitability of the existing IT systems. Recent changes in technology mean cost-efficient solutions can give an almost immediate return on investment.
- Logistics centre or DC design and layouts. The opportunities here are vast. Sizing buildings, racking layouts and types, and looking at resource models are vital. We also look to make advances in material flow capacity, storage density, safe working environment, operational costs, operational flexibility, and stock rotation.
Each one offers the opportunity to cut costs and drive productivity.
- Supply chain infrastructure reviews. So here we are looking at the existing infrastructure and locations. We review costs, performance, and the suitability of the location. Our consulting expertise means we can create optimised future models based on the lowest cost/service - level trade-offs.
This will include the optimal location and design of a single European and single US-based Distribution Centre. In all these projects, we include an implementation strategy, which incorporates all of our operational experiences.
So this helps to mitigate the risks of supply-chain improvement.
- Supply chain IT specification and procurement. Creating a functional specification for a global transport management system is key. We select TMS applications for consideration and then we help to manage and improve the selection process.
- Global Transport Strategy Review and Re-Procurement. Here we are reviewing existing strategies, processes and performance. Our skill sets include creating a global air and ocean freight RFQ, designing/writing an RFQ, creating a global logistics dataset and selecting prospective bidders.
So from there, we can evaluate the RFQ responses and project manage the selection process.