What are the benefits of FMCG consulting
The Fast-Moving Consumer Goods FMCG market is highly competitive. It always has been but recently the challenges have grown at an alarming rate.
Many segments are saturated. Brands are competing strongly for retail shelf space and increased market share.
FMCG consultancy and strategy consultants need to urgently address the extensive challenges now facing both manufacturers and retailers.
The recent virus problems are having a major impact. In addition, the industry needs to adapt to changing consumer tastes.
Recent developments in regulatory considerations and packaging requirements all add to the pressure. Meanwhile the impact of e-commerce and on-line shopping are evident.
On top of that there is the economic and political developments still surrounding Brexit.
Bisham Consultants are experts in this field and have an enviable reputation after 30 years in the industry. We would love to show you how we can help your business face the recent changes.
How our FMCG Consultants can help
From a supply chain perspective, the industry will need to adapt. Sourcing programmes and distribution networks will have to change to meet these new demands.
Examples of initiatives being adopted by our clients to respond to the latest market conditions include:
- Evaluation of procurement and supply agreements. Here we look to contain costs affected by volatile freight market conditions and fluctuating exchange rates. Also vital to the chain is optimising the flow of inbound products and raw materials.
- A review of warehousing usually helps improve performance as well. We can maximise efficiency and ensure readiness for increasing demands for multi-channel distribution. For many, better automation is a solution to increased productivity. It is also a response to increasing labour shortages either short term or long term.
- Optimisation of transport networks is also vital. This is particularly so in ‘last mile’ delivery as the volume of business direct to Consumer (B2C) traffic grows. The increased accessibility of cost-effective transport management systems (TMS) also yields potential benefits.
- Re-assessment of outsourcing strategy is vital. This will ensure that ongoing contracts and service agreements with logistics service providers are aligned with future business needs.
- So FMCG consultants need to address many issues but without doubt, increasing market share and profitability is vital.
The Client Benefits: Business Consultancy for Fast Moving Consumer Goods.
The team at Bisham Consulting has extensive experience working in this industry sector.
Assignments have been completed for a wide range of manufacturers and retailers covering a wide range of products. Our expertise includes grocery, fashion and apparel, electronic consumer goods, automotive and convenience retail products.
We have a proven track record in this area and are a natural extension of your marketing strategy. Examples of the services we provide include:
- Supply chain ‘rapid diagnostic’ operational reviews. This will help to identify shortcomings in logistics processes and service execution. It will also highlight areas for improvement and cost-saving opportunities.
- We will provide procurement and inbound logistics strategy that will lower costs and improve efficiency. This will cover sourcing options, trading terms and potential synergies in inbound freight flows.
- We specialise in Distribution Centre Network Design. Here we focus on location, layout, automation, and operational improvements that can be achieved both short term and long term. We identify lean processes for servicing omnichannel routes to market and potential added value services.
Bisham Consultancy have earned an enviable reputation in the FMCG market. Please give us a call today to discuss how we can help you.