Supply chain strategies for national and international companies. Outsourcing, warehouse design, handling methodologies and transport structures.
Derek formed Bisham in 1992, following a career in logistics that included the roles of Director at Lex Transfleet and Managing Director of P&O Distribution. Under his leadership Bisham has expanded into one of the leading independent supply chain and logistics consultancies in Europe.
Derek’s long portfolio of clients include Becton Dickinson, Cadbury Schweppes, Chubb, Exel Logistics, Hoffman-La Roche, Kidde Safety, Kraft Jacob Suchard, Marshall Aerospace, Novartis, Palletline, Panasonic, PATH, Sonæ, Unipart, World Health Organisation and Yarpivo (Russia’s second largest brewery).
His assignments include:
- Establishing a single EDC in Strasbourg for a major Swiss healthcare company
- Setting up an RDC on a green-field site for a major blue chip retailer in the UK
- A major reorganisation of a fully automated storage and picking facility at a European Distribution Centre in Belgium
- Preparing both a world wide logistics strategy and a detailed European strategy for the supply of critical spare parts
- Designing a warehouse to handle high volumes of goods on both road and rail.
- Derek trained as a Statistician. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport and a Board Director.