Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals
Bisham Consulting have successfully carried out a wide range of supply chain strategy projects in the healthcare field for many Pharmaceutical companies including Becton Dickinson (Belgium), Dalkia, Dentsply, Elekta Oncology, Eisai, Hoffmann-La Roche (Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Singapore), In-Health, Janssen Cilag, J & J (USA, Europe and Africa), NHS, Novartis, Ransom Pharmaceuticals and Sterience.
We have considerable experience in pharmaceutical storage and distribution including an in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements. Bisham has also worked with the European Diagnostic Manufacturers Association on benchmarking activities and has vast experience of hospital healthcare operations including Berkshire Royal Hospital, Christies Manchester, Derby Royal infirmary, QAH Portsmouth.
Some of the activities that the Healthcare team has carried out include:-
- A strategic review on the optimum location for a European Distribution Centre to supply diagnostic reagents, consumables and spare parts to hospitals and clinics
- Carried out a strategic review of spares parts supply chain strategy for a major diagnostics company
- Carried out an operational review of a fully automated storage and retrieval based resulting in operational benefits
- Reviewed and improved the overall processes for a diagnostics company in their Asia Pacific DC in Singapore
- Carried out several cost efficiency reviews on spare parts operations in the healthcare industry
- A review of the feasibility of setting up a Consolidation Centre for drip feeding medical supplies including pharmaceutical and CDs pre-sorted by ward
- A review of the total European Supply Chain to reflect changes in manufacturing locations. The brief included a review not only of stock holding points but also inventory management including work in progress and late customisation of products
- A review of storage facilities and capacities at a pharmaceutical manufacturer to cope with increases in throughput including improved layouts and ensuring that both onsite and external storage facilities meet MHRA requirements
- Supply Chain review for the World Health Organisation/PATH